The MASB's primary role is to develop accounting and financial reporting standards. Education and training on accounting standards is provided by the MIA and other professional bodies as follows:
Please note that MASB does not provide any accreditation for the trainings provided.
ONLINE LEARNING- INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS IFRSs)
The Financial Reporting Foundation (FRF) and the Malaysian Accounting Standards Board (MASB) have entered into an arrangement with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) to provide an online learning and assessment programme to Malaysian registrants through the FRF / MASB website, at a special rate from 2015 until 2016. This arrangement would enable Malaysians a good opportunity to enable themselves to be proficient in IFRSs.
Although FRF / MASB do not provide any accreditation for this training provided, ICAEW would be issuing a certificate of assessment to all registrants who successfully complete the learning modules.
A brief summary of this IFRS learning and assessment program is as follows:-
UNDERSTANDING AND APPLYING IFRSs WITH CONFIDENCE
To help you understand and implement IFRSs with confidence, ICAEW has developed a specialist learning and assessment programme.
- High quality, certificate-level programme that provides an international benchmark of excellence.
- Practical and commercially-focused programme, developed by leading experts in international standards.
- Flexible, interactive learning to suit all learning needs.
- A certificate of assessment will be issued that supports your knowledge and understanding.
What will you learn?
The programme will enable you to:
- understand and apply IFRS principles, concepts and knowledge in a commercial setting,
- assess the standards’ commercial impact on business,
- make informed business decisions,
- provide practical business advice,
- produce and interpret financial statements and information.
How will you learn?
You will receive a study text and online learning materials in English. The assessment is computer-based and can be attempted as many times within the 12 month access period. The learning materials and assessment will give you:
- an overview of the standards
- practice tests
- a certificate on successful completion
To register, please click here.